September is National Hunger Action Month and ORANGE is the symbolic color of hunger. Feeding America, and its 205 member food banks, including Second Harvest Food Bank of the Mahoning Valley, will be “Going Orange” throughout the month to raise awareness about hunger and we need your help!
The following is a list of ways you can help:
- Hold a food drive and/or fundraiser.
- Allow employees/students to wear orange on Fridays in exchange for a monetary donation or non-perishable food item.
- Brown Bag Day– pack your lunch and donate what you would have spent that day to the Food Bank.
- Make your Facebook profile photo orange.
- Wear ORANGE!
- Donate your Facebook status, by posting a local hunger statistic, for example:
Each week, the Food Bank and our network of 153 hunger-relief organizations fill more than 15,000 requests for emergency food assistance in Columbiana, Mahoning and Trumbull counties.
Click here to download the Hunger Action Month calendar “30 Ways and 30 Days,” which has 30 ways you can help take action against hunger.